Undergraduate students are encouraged to use all available resources to help them make the most of their Penn State experience. This includes reviewing suggested academic plans, understanding entrance to major requirements, and staying informed of curricular changes. Academic advisers work in partnership with each student to help them meet these requirements and make informed decisions in line with their goals and interests.
Learn more about expectations and preparation for meeting with your academic adviser.
Students should meet with their assigned adviser at least once a semester for academic planning, though students planning to study abroad or pursue a concurrent major may need to meet with their adviser multiple times in one semester. Advisers will be offering 30-minute Zoom and in-person appointments for the fall semester.
Virtual Drop-In Advising | Summer 2022
These Zoom sessions, capped at 10 minutes in length, are available on Wednesdays from June 1 - August 17 for quick questions that do not require a scheduled appointment. Join a Drop-In Session.
- Wednesdays from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Major Requirements and Plans
- Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations (CYAOP)
- Data Sciences (DATSC APPDS)
- Enterprise Technology Integration (ETCHI)
- Human-Centered Design and Development (HCDD)
- Information Sciences and Technology (ISTBS)
- Security and Risk Analysis (SRA)
- Academic Warning
- Change of Major
- Faculty Senate Petition
- Leave of Absence
- LionPATH Help
- Multiple Campus Registration
- Prerequisite Override Policy
- Transfer Credit Process