Faculty and Staff Travel Resources

Required Travel Forms and Research Policies

All IST faculty members are strongly encouraged to obtain their personal Penn State Purchasing Card for goods and services and for travel. Faculty members are required to complete paperwork for group meal forms, purchasing card support forms, and travel forms.

All faculty and students traveling internationally must register with the Travel Safety Network before departure.

Travel Resources

Domestic and International Visitors

All domestic or international visitors to Penn State University that will have expenses paid by the College of IST, MUST complete a Non-Employee Information Sheet. This form is needed not only for reimbursements, but also for any expenses that are billed to an IST budget for the visitor (Nittany Lion Inn, Penn Stater, expenses paid on a purchasing card, etc.).

Additional documentation may be required for reimbursements or to pay expenses. Consult the Non-U.S. Citizen Documentation Chart which lists required documentation based on residency, type of visa and type of reimbursement.

Please consult the Decision Matrix for Payment of Services if the Visitor is providing a service to the University.  This will ensure the Visitor is being paid according to policy and with the correct object code.