The College of IST's Human Resources team aims to attract and retain top-quality faculty and staff. We accomplish this by creating a work environment that values and supports students, faculty, and staff while pledging ourselves to workforce diversity and promoting professional development.
In addition, our team manages and provides guidance on the following matters:
- providing consultation and support to faculty and staff
- ensuring compliance with Penn State policies and procedures
- coordination of Visa process (J-1, H-1B, Permanent Residents, etc.)
- salary administration and staffing
- collaboration with Central HR on recruitment, onboarding, job analysis, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and talent management
- providing guidance on staff recruitment and search committees
Faculty and staff are encouraged to use the self-service feature within HR Shared Services (814-865-1473 or submit an inquiry), the University’s approach to helping employees, retirees, and prospective employees with their HR needs. Examples of services include benefits explanations; entering time or time off; updating withholdings, your address, or contact information; questions about a task in Workday; and many others. Visit the faculty and staff resources HR page for more information and contact the IST HR team for any questions.
Human Resources Strategic Partner
510E Eric J. Barron Innovation Hub
HR Shared Services
331 Innovation Blvd.
University Park, PA 16802