The best way to identify potential sponsors is to network with mentors, researchers at Penn State and other universities, industry representatives, and government agency personnel. Networking can take several forms including participating on proposal review panels and attending meetings with program officers and industry personnel. Experience has shown that nearly all industrial funding results from personal networking.
- Penn State Human Research Protection Program (IRB)
- Penn State Office of Sponsored Programs
- Penn State Limited Submission Opportunities and Deadline
- Penn State Foundation Relations
- Support for Global Research and Travel
The following institutes have, in some years, provided seed grant funding. The information may be dated but it provides a sense of the target topics and funding amounts.
- Center for Socially Responsible AI (CSRAI)
- Institute of Energy and the Environment (IEE)
- Penn State Institute for Computational and Data Sciences (ICDS)
- Social Science Research Institute (SSRI)