Penn State students can get hands-on experience with real-world data engineering challenges through the IBM Data Engineering Center of Excellence Program, coordinated through the Institute for Computational and Data Sciences. Through the program, a cohort of students will complete paid internships in Innovation Park on the University Park campus while also completing training workshops on essential data engineering topics.
Expand Your Career Potential
- Gain data engineering experience with IBM, a global technology leader
- Build your professional network
- Be mentored by seasoned IBM data engineering team members
- Build relationships with fellow cohort members
- Mentor new cohorts of students
- Get paid!
Build Skills and Knowledge
- Data analytics
- Data workflows
- Data fabric
- Cloud technologies, including hybrid cloud models
- Internet of things
- Artificial intelligence
- November 30, 2022: Informational open house on the program will be held in room 233AB HUB-Robeson Center from Noon to 5:00 pm. Attend this session to learn more about the program and how to apply. Session recordings will also be available for students who are unable to attend.
- December 30, 2022: Deadline to apply for spring 2023 program cohort
- January 2023: IBM will let students know if they have been admitted to the program
Contact Nick Diehl, Research Project Manager for the Digital Discovery District (D3), at firstname.lastname@example.org