I've been working with digital media and web technology since 1992, prior to any real commercially available web browsers. I have been at Penn State since 2009, working in research and education. I built this website you are on right now along the way; a Drupal 7 site with a custom theme. I was an Assistant Teaching Professor in IST, and also now I work with companies all over the world to build enterprise digital experiences on the web.
My professional work focuses on enterprise-level technical and creative development and strategy using open source technologies and critical approaches to media studies as a process for building quality digital experiences. As a Sr. Web Developer, Cloud Architect, Professor, Technical Account Manager, and Author, I have helped build applications that are used by millions of people every day.
This experience fuels the courses I've authored and currently teach for IST including:
- IST250 Introduction to Web Design and Development
- IST256 Programming for the Web
- IST402 Special Topics - The Assembled Web
- Modular Digital Design, Digital Media, Ui/Ux, user-centered, HCI
- Drupal/Open source web application development and community
- Web software development workflow (automation, testing, and deployment)
- Cloud computing, Cyber security, WAFs, Web-user data profiling
- Info-Media Literacy