The IST Living Learning Community (LLC) is a housing option available to first-year students in the College of IST. As a resident of the LLC, you get to live in a designated residence hall with your IST classmates and build a sense of community at Penn State.
The IST LLC is located at University Park on the second floor of Thompson Hall in the West Halls Residence Area. Thompson Hall is just across the street from the Westgate Building, the College of IST’s home on campus. West Halls is home to the largest residence halls on campus and offers spacious doubles and singles with moveable furniture so you can configure your room in a way that works best for you.
Visit the Penn State Housing website to see how you can find your home away from home.
Benefits of Living in the LLC
There’s a lot more to the IST LLC beyond just living with your IST classmates. Throughout the year, you’ll be invited to take part in all kinds of special events with your floormates, which help you earn points toward choosing your room and staying on the floor after your first year.
Other benefits include:
- guaranteed housing if you participate in LLC events
- convenient location, close to the Westgate Building and a majority of general education classroom buildings
- large rooms with moveable furniture
- close proximity to peers who have taken the same classes as you and can offer advice and help with coursework
- one-on-one access to IST student leaders so you can learn about the IST student organizations and experiential opportunities that are right for you
- endless opportunities to connect with your peers outside of class in a fun and social environment