The College of IST firmly believes that the best option for an internship experience involves real-world engagement with companies and/or faculty-led research. During this unprecedented time, we recognize that not all students will have an opportunity to leverage such an experience at its fullest.
We understand your challenges and want you to have the most appropriate internship experience that works with your specific situation. No matter the circumstances, however, it is in your best interest to take advantage of the best possible internship opportunity you can secure. Organizations still very much value the experiences you bring, in addition to your academic credentials. We are hopeful that these flexible options will provide opportunities that work for your current and future plans.
Learn more about the college's internship requirement.
Registering Your Experience for Credit
If you have an internship or research project you'd like to have approved for credit, email email@example.com with the information below. Once received, IST's Office of Career Solutions and Corporate Engagement will follow up with specific registration information.
- Name of the company or faculty member hosting the experience
- Brief description of work to be completed
- Anticipated start date
- Anticipated hours
- The option you would like to register
Options to Complete the Internship Requirement
- Option #2 is only for students planning to graduate with a bachelor's degree by December 2021. Students planning to graduate after December 2021 should plan to complete an internship according to Option #1 below or contact the Office of Career Solutions with concerns.
- Option #2 can be completed in the semesters: spring 2021, summer 2021 and fall 2021.
- A reflection paper is required for all options.
- A single course in Canvas (IST 495) will be used to register all students, regardless of which option they pursue.