This page is dedicated to the College of Information Sciences and Technology students' use of Nittany Lion Careers. If you are in another college and have questions about system usage or your account, please contact your college or campus' career services office.
The Office of Career Solutions and Corporate Engagement is dedicated to providing IST students with the tools and resources they need to find a meaningful and impactful career. As part of this mission, we offer students access to Nittany Lion Careers to search full-time and internship job postings targeting Penn State students as well as many other online job posting resources. Students will also be able to schedule on-campus interviews, register for careers fairs and workshops, research companies, and more!
To access the system, each academic year students must:
- update profile information including current or intended majors, cumulative GPA, and graduation date
- While it is not required, students are also advised to review and edit the rest of the student profile and submit an updated resume
Overview of the NLC homepage and account information
Overview of the Job and Internship section of NLC
Overview of the event section and employers of NLC
All Penn State students and alumni can access Nittany Lion Careers using their Penn State WebAccess credentials. To access job and internship postings:
- Log in to Nittany Lion Careers
- Enter your Penn State user ID and password
- Verify your personal and academic information in your profile (under the My Account tab)
- Upload a resume
- To apply for positions in Nittany Lion Careers, you must have an approved resume in the system
- Click the Documents tab, go to "My Documents" and choose “add new”
- Documents must be approved by IST's Office of Career Solutions and Corporate Engagement prior to use in the system
- Once uploaded, documents will have a "Pending" designation until approved (reviews are done within one to two business days)
- Students will be notified via email if their résumé has been approved or requires revisions
- Search for relevant positions by using the keyword field or selecting a major from the Desired Majors filter
- Once the student's documents are approved, they can submit applications to any position in Nittany Lion Careers
- Note that many companies require students to apply through their company website in addition to Nittany Lion Careers
If you intend to use an internship for IST 495 credit, note that undergraduate and graduate students, whether University personnel or otherwise, are not permitted to receive academic credit for any work, research, or activity in violation of federal law, including work associated with marijuana. Employers involved in the hemp industry, however, may recruit students for both non-credit and credit bearing positions.
If you have questions about a particular internship experience, please contact the Office of Career Solutions and Corporate Engagement.
Office of Career Solutions and Corporate Engagement
E103 Westgate Building
University Park, PA 16802