The Student Engagement Network offers grants to students interested in expanding their undergraduate experience through engagement experiences. These funds can be used for housing, travel, and other costs related to an internship or engaged scholarship activity.
Some companies provide housing for interns, but many do not. Be sure to ask your new employer if they provide company provided housing, assistance in finding housing, a housing stipend, or other housing support to new interns.
If your hiring company does not provide housing, below are some resources to get you started.
Disclaimer: Please consider your options carefully and use your best judgment to find housing. The Office of Career Solutions and Corporate Engagement does not endorse any of these sites in particular, nor are we responsible for the content that you find there. If at any time you have concerns about these sites or the validity of the information, please contact email@example.com.
Contact the Office of Career Solutions and Corporate Engagement to find out if any of your peers are leaving an internship in that area. They may be able to connect you with the housing and apartment service they used.
You can also contact family and friends who live, or who may know someone who lives, in your internship location.
Many colleges and universities will open up residence hall spaces for students interning in their local area. Below is a list of our most popular internship locations.
- Emory University - Atlanta, GA
- Suffolk University - Boston, MA
- Boston University - Boston, MA
- Art Institute of Chicago - Chicago, IL
- Purdue University - West Lafayette, IN
- New York University - New York, NY
- New York University Law School - New York, NY
- New York Institute of Technology - New York, NY
- Columbia University - New York, NY
- NYU-Poly - New York, NY
- NC State University - Raleigh, NC
- Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA
- University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA
- Villanova - Philadelphia, PA
- Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA
- Duquesne - Pittsburgh, PA
- Washington University - St. Louis, MO
- American University - Washington, DC
- Georgetown University - Washington, DC
- Catholic University of America - Washington, DC
- George Washington University - Washington, DC
Real estate listings can be a great source to find apartment rentals. Check out some of the most popular sites below.