To be eligible for the David Rusenko Entrepreneur Scholarships, full-time undergraduates must complete an application for the scholarship in which they are interested. Questions about these and other scholarships should be directed to email@example.com.
David Rusenko Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship (application closed)
- Eligibility: Full-time undergraduate students enrolled in the College of IST who have an interest in innovation and entrepreneurial potential, with a preference for freshmen or sophomores
- Award: A minimum of 1/4 in-state tuition for one year
- Deadline: April 9, 2021
David Rusenko Entrepreneur in Residence Scholarship (deadline extended)
- Eligibility: Full-time juniors or seniors enrolled in the College of IST who have entrepreneurial experience or involvement
- Award: Up to $10,000 for one year, six credits, and an assigned faculty mentor
- Deadline: Extended through May 14, 2021
About the Scholarships
In 2012, College of IST alumnus David Rusenko, class of 2007, endowed two scholarships for students who are interested in technology-based entrepreneurship.
Rusenko co-founded and served as CEO of Weebly, a San Francisco-based startup offering easy-to-use website-building tools, until selling the company to Square in 2018. He developed the idea for his company—which TIME named one of the 50 Best Websites—during his time in the College of IST.
To inspire IST students with big ideas and ambitions to focus on starting something and changing the world, he gave $400,000—the largest gift to the College of IST from a graduate in its history—to establish the David Rusenko Entrepreneur-in-Residence Scholarship and the David Rusenko Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship.