Information on declaring the IST Minor, SRA Minor, and Joint Minors
Penn State students seeking to build an academic program that includes courses in information sciences and technology can choose from several minors available through the College of Information Sciences and Technology (IST). These include an IST minor, an SRA minor, as well as several joint minors in areas such as earth and mineral sciences, health policy administration, and telecommunications.
- Students must apply for a minor by using the MINOR DECLARATION application on the eLion navigation bar.
- Undergraduate students must have a semester class of 05 or higher and be in a Bachelor's Degree major.
- The minor code and the major code cannot match (ex. ISTBS major cannot apply for a minor in IST).
- A grade of C or better is required for all courses in the minors.
- If you have problems with the Minor Declaration application on eLion, you will need to contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.
For general information about the minors/joint minors in IST, please contact the IST Undergraduate Advising Center at 866-225-8707 (toll-free), 814-865-8947, or email@example.com.
Requirements for a minor may be completed at any campus location offering the specified courses for the minor. Declaring a minor does not guarantee:
- Enrollment in those courses
- Future availability of those courses
- Completion of the minor
If you declare a minor, but then terminate your degree enrollment, your minor declaration becomes void. You must submit a new minor declaration after receiving degree status through the re-enrollment process.
Please refer to 59-00 Requirements for the Minor policy for additional information or consult with your adviser if you are considering declaring a minor.