B.S. in Information Sciences and Technology (ISTBS)
A College of IST education gives you the opportunity to become a leader in the digital age, whether you’re in the baccalaureate or associate undergraduate programs. Here at IST more than 43 courses are offered, including the IST core, option courses, and courses designed primarily for the associate degree.
In order to become a professional in the global marketplace, you will be exposed to other Penn State courses through the general education requirements. You will also get a chance to try out your skills, expand your experience and explore future careers through internships, as all students must complete at least one before receiving their degree.
When you put all the pieces of an IST education together, you will gain a formidable array of skills and knowledge, including:
- Understanding information technology as a solution
- Bridging technology and the user
- Expressing and defending ideas
- Being a team player and a team leader
- Experience in dealing with the real problems of the digital economy
- Developing a skill set for the International marketplace
For more information about the ISTBS degree, contact the IST Undergraduate Advising Center at 866-225-8707 (toll-free), 814-865-8947, or e-mail email@example.com.